K Cup Unplugged

 This post is about how to make backwoods K cup coffee brewer.  I wanted a way to make coffee with a K cup when there is no Keurig machine or electricity available.  There are commercial devices available for this, but they are bulky and expensive.  I wanted something simple and compact and this is what I came up with.  



I got a 1-1/2" - 3" schedule 40 PVC coupling from Lowes.  A K cup fits in this perfectly snug.  The brand is Charlotte pipe.  I don't know if this will work with other brands.  If you want to try this, bring a K cup with you to the hardware store.  



Carefully cut a little square in the bottom of the K cup.  If you cut too deep, you might cut into the filter and end up with grounds in your coffee.  Then make a cut in the top.  Put it in the coupler and place onto your cup.  Fill it with boiling water.  It holds slightly over a cup of water.  Let it drain into your cup.  I timed it and it took 4 min 50 sec.  A little slow, but the perfect temperature for drinking when it is done. 



It does make a bit of a mess to clean up, but it works.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frapping Mallet

Dining Fly Poles

Commando Rope